The PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA), which came into effect on 1 July 2021, regulates the processing of your personal information by Autofreight (Pty) Ltd to ensure your right to privacy, in terms of section 14 of the Constitution.
Autofreight’s website complies with the voluntary privacy principles contained in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, (“ECT Act”).
In order to provide you with a transport solution we will collect personal information directly from you, when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website.
The contact form on our website www.autofreight/co.za can be used to request a quotation. The personal Information that you filled out into the contact form will only be used for processing your request. Filling in and submitting the contact form constitutes an affirmative action by which you have given your consent to the data processing. We may request information about you when you book transport or make enquires about packages or other products and services; or when you request other information.
The personal information that we require is needed to facilitate your transport reservation and booking, as well as the physical transport of your vehicle/goods. We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
The more information we have the better we are able to provide you with the best possible service.
Using your personal information
We will use your personal information to provide you with related products and services. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose such as any one or more of the following purposes:
1. Where we engage third party contractors to perform services for us those third party contractors may be required to handle your personal information. Under these circumstances those third party contractors must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied, although we are not responsible for ensuring this.
2. Developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
3. Servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you or to involve you in market research; and
4. Internal accounting and administration.
5. Submit to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes.
6. Regulatory reporting and compliance.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Where personal information (such as you name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) is submitted to the web site by yourself, your company, employer, employee or representative (e.g. through sending an e-mail) the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
1. This web site collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
2. This web site will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
3. This web site will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the web site is required or permitted to do so by law.
4. This web site will not use the personal information submitted for any purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
5. If information is released with the user’s consent this web site will retain a record of the information released, the third party to whom it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
6. This web site will destroy or delete any personal information which has become obsolete.
7. Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this web site may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Security of information
All information gathered is restricted to our offices and will be shared only as needed with relevant suppliers and/or subcontractors or our own drivers. Only employees who need information to perform certain tasks such as bookings, billing and resolving disputes as well as collections and deliveries have access to that specific information. Autofreight regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible. Our servers are hosted within a protected environment with access control and are password protected. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, Autofreight cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of Autofreight or any third party. Access and correction of personal information Under the Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a Personal Data Access Request in writing to email@example.com
You can contact our Information Officer at any time by using the following contact details:
Name: Hester Hattingh; Phone (012) 3491391/60; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 61 Kremetart Street, Val de Grace, 0184
Should you no longer wish to receive information on promotions and services we think may be of interest to you or participate in market research, kindly advise us via e-mail with the relevant information for referral (name, company, contact details etc), and insert the following into the Subject Line: Unsubscribe
This information will be deleted from our files and no more correspondence between Autofreight and the member will be entered into. Email: email@example.com
From time to time Autofreight will send promotional emails regarding special offers as well as updates to the site; you have the choice of opting out of this service.
Autofreight is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites linked to www.autofreight.co.za. Please make sure that you read the privacy policies of sites that are linked to Autofreight policy applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Our website includes links to external resources as well as social media networks (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram). While visiting or sharing content through these third-party platforms, you are subject to their privacy policies and Autofreight is not responsible for measures taken by these external services.
Changes to our policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review and revise this Policy. We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time, should this occur the amendment would be posted on our website.
Personal Information provided to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which it was processed has been fulfilled. Insofar as retention periods under commercial and tax law must be observed, the storage period for certain data can be up to 5 years. However, storage periods may also be amended due to our legitimate interest (e.g., to guarantee data security, to prevent misuse or to prosecute criminal offenders).
• Autofreight will not sell or share any of the information collected on this site.
• Autofreight is the sole owner of all this collected information.
As a Data Subject, you can contact our Information Officer at any time with a notification under the contact information mentioned above under clause 1.3 to make use of your rights. These rights are the following:
• The right to receive information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data.
• The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data.
• The right to demand the erasure of Personal Information.
• The right to demand the restriction of the data processing.
• The right to receive the Personal Information concerning the Data Subject in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller.
• The right to object to the data processing.
• The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop data processing that is based on your consent.
• The right to file a complaint with the competent IRSA supervisory authority: Contact Us | IRSA (justice.gov.za)
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Act you have a right of access to the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit a Personal Data Request Access Request in writing to: • Operational Manager
Postnet Suite 499
0040 Lynnwood Ridge
Requests by telephone or e-mail cannot be accepted.
In accordance with the Act, Autofreight is not obliged to comply with your request unless the prescribed fee is paid, and sufficient security information is provided to establish the requestor’s identity, and locate the appropriate information. Please enclose the following with your request:
• A postal order (made payable to Autofreight (Pty) Ltd for R10
• A photocopy of your passport, identity document, or any other official document upon which your signature is present
• Details of any purchases you have made from Autofreight.
• Details of any specific documents you require that contain your personal details (if known). You will receive acknowledgement of your request quoting the date by which you will receive your information pack.
Further correspondence regarding your request should only be made in writing to the Operations Manager at the above address. We may recover from you any additional reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Validity and Document Management
This document is valid as of 1 July 2021